Climbing: August 2-4, 2014 (Needles)
August 2-4, 2014. Needles, Sequoia National Forest, California, USA
Above, first row: Warlock Needle; second row: Monica and John on top of Our Lady of the Needles, 5.7; third row: our rainy day spent the California Hot Springs.
We spent a 3 day weekend at the Needles with Dong and Marlin. We had an awesome time camping at the trailhead with a small crowd of otherwise all male climbers.
Saturday August 2, 2014
- Igor Unchained “5.9++” Super fun.
- Fancy Free 5.10c (I got my foot stuck in a chimney for a good 20 minutes!!! I had to take my shoe off.)
Sunday August 3, 2014
- Rest / Rainy Day at the Ponderosa Lodge for breakfast and at the California Hot Springs for ice cream and relaxation.
Monday August 4th, 2014
- Thin Ice 5.10b (This was a lot harder than Fancy Free but I LOVED this route.)
- Spooky 5.9 (Nobody told me about the horrible offwidth!)
- Our Lady of the Needles 5.7 (Short but fun thin crack.)